Dec 4, 2008

10 lbs in 10 days

The Holiday season is upon us and tis the season for Holiday parties and New Year's Resolutions. I'll wait for the resolution part until 11:30pm on Dec. 31. For now, I have a Holiday party to worry about. For the first time…well ever, I'm dating someone who actually has a Holiday party to attend. Kindly, he asked me to accompany him. Then, he added the PS: you will need to get a dress (yikes, what are those). First of, I don't think I've worn a dress in….I don't even know how long. Second, I had to find something that accentuated the parts I love and hide the parts I don't. Ladies, you know what I mean. Now, the Holiday party is less than 10 days out and I'm freaking out. I want to look really good in my dress and there are a few parts of me that I would love to get rid of. So, I sat down at the computer yesterday (during work of course) and googled the internet under the topic 'lose 10 pounds in 10 days'. If you know me at all, I'm picky and I have to be able to eat, so no fad diets and no starving myself. I finally found a good one, that is more like advice on how to lose weight fast. Here are the ten tips I was given:

1. When you wake up, exercise (to get your metabolism jump started, 15 mins is all it takes)

2. Always eat breakfast. (again with the metabolism stuff)

3. Snack. (small quantities all day, don't give your metabolism a chance to stop working)

4. Drink a lot of water.

5. Drink green tea. (Green tea speeds up your metabolism and helps you lose weight).

6. Don't eat after 6pm (this one is tough since I get off so late)

7. Exercise at night (this time for an hour or so)


8. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar before bedtime. (drink two tablespoons of ACV in half a cup of water) gross, but I'll try it.

9. Get at least seven hours sleep.

10. Increase exercise time on the weekends. (30 in the morning, 90 at night)

Of course, there is some stuff about eating healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables, cottage cheese, and nuts; instead of a bag of chips for your snack. So, that's the plan, I'll try it and see if I can't lose 10 pounds in 10 days. Actually, its more like 9 days now. I will keep a running log to keep those who might be interested posted.

No comments: